Mclanes Padded Cell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mclanes Padded Cell

A mad bad place to relax and chat about whatever you like.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Forums!
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:37 am by dogman

» Thanks Mac this will be my last post on here pal
morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 12:23 pm by chilly

» You know you want one..
morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 3:03 pm by chilly

» Happy Xmas all...
morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 8:53 am by chilly

» Chilly. you are missing the fun with Dangerfield..
morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 8:35 pm by Mclane

» Chase the rabbit..Excellent..
morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:53 pm by Mclane

» Things you don't say to the wife..
morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:20 am by chilly

» Well i never lol
morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:47 pm by Mclane

» im a celeb
morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 7:55 am by chilly

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Mclane
morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  Vote_lcapmorrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  Voting_barmorrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  Vote_rcap 
chilly
morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  Vote_lcapmorrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  Voting_barmorrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  Vote_rcap 
Steve
artie guber
Raf38
biffo17
lockedout
scratcher
mcguinty
Reacher

morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chilly
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chilly

morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  Empty
PostSubject: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyWed May 29, 2013 4:16 pm

Cant belive how hypercritical morrisons are being ,they stopped a woman member of staff from wearing a help for heroes bracelet and a poppy in support of the soldier who they tried beheading .They said its on religious grounds no correct me if im wrong but they dont seem to mind cashing in on the religous stuff ie easter eggs and turkeys at xmas etc do they stop muslim women wearing headscarfs and the big one do they point out the halal meat they sell to non muslims
Do they fook im sending them an email now.
Back to top Go down
chilly
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chilly

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyWed May 29, 2013 5:12 pm

Fook me its a bloke not a woman lol long day
Back to top Go down
biffo17
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
biffo17

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyWed May 29, 2013 5:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Raf38
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyWed May 29, 2013 8:36 pm

Bollocks to all this Chilly

At some point ppl will have enough of this
Back to top Go down
Mclane
Admin
Mclane

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyWed May 29, 2013 8:43 pm

Wow, that's shocking if that an undoctored photo of SFB...

They are trying to spin it as a hygiene issue re bracelets and safety re pin badges but it would be more interesting to find out just how really hardcore they are about it over the country, ie does your local store have staff with bangles etc on especially in Asian area's.

Are there tow tiers of staffing focus?
Back to top Go down
https://mclanes.forumotion.co.uk
Steve
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
Steve

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyWed May 29, 2013 8:47 pm

i worked for them for years, they have some odd rules often depending on the member of staff, if you were an arse licker you could do what you want, if you wernt anything out of line and you were rolocked big time, almost like a witch hunt in some cases, by far the strictist supermarket in the uk, i have been told to remove a poppy in the past, people told to remove anything other than a studd in their ears, make up etc, sent home for not having completely black shoes, the odd thing was you wernt allowed time to go to the doctors or dentist on their time, and they were anti religeos, yet ceretian people were allowed to pray in the personal room at certain times of the day, i think it was on fridays but not sure, they had so many rules for one and not another it was mental,i left them because of this kind of stuff.
Back to top Go down
Mclane
Admin
Mclane

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyWed May 29, 2013 10:32 pm

Friday prayers are Muslim prayers and if they were non religious then they were taking the piss letting them pray.

About time an employer expects you to work the time they are paying you for instead of having the Happy Muslim card paid on them. We had that when I was doing a qualification and all the college boys supposedly going to pray went to McDonalds and sat there in the outside seats and smoked spliffs.
Back to top Go down
chilly
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chilly

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyThu May 30, 2013 2:14 am

Dear Mr Winterbottom - Thanks for emailing me about the wearing of poppies in Morrisons. And in particular about the one-off incident of Adam Austin being suspended from a store in Portsmouth. I’m really sorry you feel this way and I share your concern.

Quite simply we got the balance wrong. Our existing rules on wearing badges are there for a good reason. We make lots of fresh food in store and no customer would want a badge dropping in to their food by mistake. It is a food safety issue. And all supermarkets and restaurants apply the same common sense rules. But we were applying the rules to all colleagues. And that’s not right. So we have changed them. Colleagues not preparing fresh food will now be able to wear a pin badge or bracelet to show their support for registered charities like Help for Heroes. So Adam can return to work and wear his poppy with pride.

It’s really important to me that we show our support for our Armed Forces. They do really hard work on our behalf. They put their lives on the line every day. Drummer Lee Rigby’s murder was abhorrent. I share your outrage at the death of this fine soldier.

So we do encourage our colleagues to wear poppies in October and November to remember all members of the Armed Forces that have died in the service of our country. Last year we helped raise over £2 million to support the Royal British Legion. And that’s why we regularly welcome Help for Heroes fundraisers into our shops.

Trust me, at Morrisons we’ll always make sure our Armed Forces are supported. Thanks again for contacting me.

Yours sincerely

Dalton

Areply from the ceo of morrisons in ultra fast time their arses must be twitching lol
He forgot to answer my concerns on halal meat and allowing muslim women to wear religious stuff ie headscarfs ,no religious stuff allowed to be worn but they are then hypocrytical cashing in on xmas, easter etc

Give it a go

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Mclane
Admin
Mclane

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyThu May 30, 2013 3:00 am

Go on admit it, you asked for a discount on the deli section..
Back to top Go down
chilly
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chilly

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyThu May 30, 2013 3:08 am

Typical lol
Back to top Go down
Steve
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
Steve

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyThu May 30, 2013 6:51 am

yep theres always been differant clothing rules, in the workplace for all religions, remember the first foriegn bobbies over here wearing turbans instead of the tit helmet, the girls at school wearing pants when the school uniform for girls was a skirt, all staff had towork whichever days they were given, five out of seven if full time, but prayer days were an excuse for days off for many at morrisons, even though many did not pray, rules were always broken like this for everyone exept for locals that were english and white, the discaplinary procedures were even more of a joke, most believed if you were white it was your fault, if not white, you got off scott free.
Back to top Go down
chilly
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chilly

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyThu May 30, 2013 3:43 pm

Went in morrisons for some cans of coke tonight as our vending machine was broken .
Had a good look at all the members of staff in there earings ,bracelets ,badges with are you 25 on them for buying booze ,watches etc etc total bollocks .Amate of mine wrote a good letter to the ceo i will post it under this post .Dont know if he got the same generic reply that i did ,will find out though .
Back to top Go down
chilly
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chilly

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyThu May 30, 2013 3:48 pm

Dear Dalton Phillips

This letter is to complain about the recent suspension from work of one of your employees at your Victory Retail Park store in Portsmouth, a town with a rich military history, and the imminent disciplinary hearing that that employee, Adam Austin is going to have to attend.

I am sure that you are by now, fully aware of the situation that I am referring to so I shall refrain from entering into too much detail at this point.

As the grandson of a man that served in both wars and the son of a man that did his national service I am completely and utterly appalled at the treatment, by yourselves, of this employee. The people that fought in the two world wars did so for a real and valid reason. That reason, which I shouldn’t have to explain but I shall for purposes of clarity and because there appears to be a need to, was freedom. Freedom from oppression, freedom of choice, freedom of expression and freedom itself. The very freedom that allows huge corporations such as yours to trample on the free choice of the population and remove from us the freedom to truly, shop where we wish. Gone are the days when we could visit the local high street and take our pick from 2 or 3 butchers, a couple of green grocers, 1 or 2 hardware stores or any number stores selling any number of things. The freedom for you to remove that choice from us was brought about by the very people that your employee was attempting to show respect for. Those people went into battle with much less than a pen and a keen eye for a profit or a cutback!! But, into battle they went and they fought hard and long under immensely difficult conditions to bring about the freedom that is now so criminally taken for granted. But I do not take it for granted and I honour and pay my respect to those brave men and women that fought so hard for this nation. How would your store have fared under the Nazi regime that was seeking to take control of this kingdom? The answer to that is clear isn’t it?

I know that you have to be appealing to a broad and varied clientele, from many different nations, religions and cultures and I am fully aware that you don’t wish to offend any of them, nor should you. The freedom for people to engage with and express their religious, cultural and national customs in this land was fought for after all. Doesn’t stop you at Christmas and Easter though does it, when the scent of a hefty profit hangs heavy in the air? Oh, you’ll celebrate the Mass of Christ then won’t you, and you’ll celebrate his resurrection too. But I doubt that that even crosses your mind does it? The religious significance of those times is most likely lost to you in the lust and hunger for the big fat profit that looms on the horizon. Your jingle bells are most likely the ringing of a till, again and again and again! “Ding Ding Ding …………….. Ding Ding Ding…………… Ding Ding Ding ……… Ding…Ding! Oh what fun it is to sell 500 hundred turkeys todaaaaay!” Well, that till rings with the cash of many many thousands if not millions of people like me. But I digress

I sincerely hope that you will do the right thing and intervene in this travesty of a suspension that has taken place within your orginisation. Never mind your dress code for working in certain areas of the store. Obviously you don’t want peoples’ badges and such like falling into your customers food. The answer to this is not to ban such displays of loyal patriotism. The answer is to find a solution, find a way that your staff can fully and completely engage with and express their cultural heritage and recent history, they have a right to after all, it was fought for remember?!

I trust that you will find a way for your staff to express their respect, at all times if they so wish. I look forward to your reply on this matter

Sincerely,

Back to top Go down
chilly
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chilly

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyThu May 30, 2013 3:49 pm

Good eh?
Back to top Go down
Mclane
Admin
Mclane

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyThu May 30, 2013 7:29 pm

You didn't write it so yeah Wink
Back to top Go down
biffo17
Officer Cadet
Officer Cadet
biffo17

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  EmptyFri May 31, 2013 9:09 am

ill try my best 100% not to go there .. a massive one is just about to open by me fuck em !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet    morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet  Empty

Back to top Go down

morrisons stop member of staff wearing help for heroes bracelet
Page 1 of 1