Mclanes Padded Cell
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mclanes Padded Cell

A mad bad place to relax and chat about whatever you like.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
The Forums!
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
One for old school gamers. EmptySun Jan 05, 2014 8:37 am by dogman

» Thanks Mac this will be my last post on here pal
One for old school gamers. EmptyFri Jan 03, 2014 12:23 pm by chilly

» You know you want one..
One for old school gamers. EmptyTue Dec 31, 2013 3:03 pm by chilly

» Happy Xmas all...
One for old school gamers. EmptyFri Dec 27, 2013 8:53 am by chilly

» Chilly. you are missing the fun with Dangerfield..
One for old school gamers. EmptyTue Dec 17, 2013 8:35 pm by Mclane

» Chase the rabbit..Excellent..
One for old school gamers. EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 8:53 pm by Mclane

» Things you don't say to the wife..
One for old school gamers. EmptySun Dec 08, 2013 6:20 am by chilly

» Well i never lol
One for old school gamers. EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 11:47 pm by Mclane

» im a celeb
One for old school gamers. EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 7:55 am by chilly

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Top posters
Mclane
One for old school gamers. Vote_lcapOne for old school gamers. Voting_barOne for old school gamers. Vote_rcap 
chilly
One for old school gamers. Vote_lcapOne for old school gamers. Voting_barOne for old school gamers. Vote_rcap 
Steve
artie guber
Raf38
biffo17
lockedout
scratcher
mcguinty
Reacher

One for old school gamers.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mclane
Admin
Mclane

One for old school gamers. Empty
PostSubject: One for old school gamers.   One for old school gamers. EmptyWed Jul 24, 2013 8:23 pm

- Watch More [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.][You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
https://mclanes.forumotion.co.uk
chilly
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chilly

PostSubject: Re: One for old school gamers.   One for old school gamers. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 6:17 am

Didnt like streetfighter spent a fortune on space invaders , head on ,asteroids ,galaxion ,frogger,one that you had to guide a swaying balloon through a maze ,the one where you stopped lines reaching earth with a rollerball control ,Daley thompsons decathlon {blisters lol}etc etc spent thousands on em and slots ,used to go pub at lunchtime and put your 10p marker down and wait your turn

Bloody hell nearly forgot pacman bought a book on how to do it there used to be a flaw in the programe that let you stop in an internal corner bottom right of screen and you would never get killed .Was in a pub in newquay getting a huge score actually had a crowd watching stopped in the coener and took a swig of my pint it caused uproar lol Was so addicted to these games my best mate was waiting for me to finish  a game of space invaders so we could get a cab into oldham for a night out .He unplugged it just before i got the high score and i punched him bursting his nose lol i had a problem for sure .
Back to top Go down
Mclane
Admin
Mclane

PostSubject: Re: One for old school gamers.   One for old school gamers. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 8:36 pm

Chilly, you lout!!

You should hunt out a film called The King of Kong, its about the rivalry between the two top arcade players, mullets everywhere but actually a good watch, you think you were hooked, these two are bonkers.

Me, I'd played Space invaders while waiting for Pool team matches, as I knew the counting system to always get a 300 score space ship every time it was a piece of cake to keep the top score. My mate was the Galaxian stud, too hard for me, after Space Invaders I played Asteroid and again worked out that you kept one rock left and just took out the mini ship when it came on.

Any other gaming I did at home on my computers (being in the trade meant I wasn't short of hardware or games, the fact I knew the main pirates and was a computer game pirate also helped Smile)
Back to top Go down
https://mclanes.forumotion.co.uk
chilly
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chilly

PostSubject: Re: One for old school gamers.   One for old school gamers. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 9:00 pm

lol i remember my mates younger brother getting a commadore vic 20 and we used to sneak on it while  he was out playing a game called blitz really simple you dropped bombs from a plane and demolished sky scrapers really simple but like all the great games ADDICTIVE lol spent hours on it .
When the sega saturn came out my mate bought one for his son for xmas he couldnt believe his luck when the telly his lad had at his mums had no scart lead connector so he had to leave it at his house .
We used to be on that hours on end playing sega rally his girlfriend walked in one day and said groundhog day .After the vic 20 experience i bought the 64 commadore .Game on tapes where a nightmare to load sometimes but great fun and thought it would get no better at the time .
Back to top Go down
chilly
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant
chilly

PostSubject: Re: One for old school gamers.   One for old school gamers. EmptySun Jul 28, 2013 9:42 pm

When i started driving that gave me access to birch services on the m62 they had a tank game on there  called tank commander i think ? Spent hours on that .

Pre space invaders there was a cafe on hollinwood ave where i work now but the Avenue cafe has long gone and is under the new morrisons .

In there they had 3 what i can only  describe as pinball machines without flippers with 25 numbered holes that you had to get between 3 and 5 in a line to clock up credits they took the old sixpences
or you could pay at the counter and they had an old telephone dial that clocked credits up on your chosen machine .
They where made by Bally one was called lido one was called cyprus gardens and i cant remember the other one .
Sometimes when you pressed start you would get features that multiplied your winnings the older blokes in there would buy the game off you as you could win about 10 quid if you got 5 in a line ,doesnt seem much now but this was the 70s .
I wasnt allowed in there as it was a bit of a drugs den but this didnt siop me got a few bollockings off my old man as at the time they had an off liscence and there was always somebody telling him that they had seen me going in or coming out lol.I spent a fortune on these machines very very addictive you can see them online if you google them and they are worth big money now .
When i win the lottery i will have a couple in my games room lol.
Nuber 16 was the middle number on the grid and the hardest to get all you could do was rock the machine to try and get them in your numbers or out of ones you didnt want if the ball got to the bottom you fired it again.Iwas about 12 when i started going in there about the same time i was allowed to go to old trafford to watch man u on my own what my old man was thinking i dont know .
Just to put the tenner winnings in to perspective when i started going to united it was 40p to get in the stretford end juniors lol how things have changed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One for old school gamers.   One for old school gamers. Empty

Back to top Go down

One for old school gamers.
Page 1 of 1